What is Mucormycosis disease | Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana | MJPJAY Yojana | Free Treatment for Mucormycosis Patients | How to prevent?
Mucormycosis cases are rising among COVID-19 survivors, beginning blindness or serious disease and also death in some cases. The Maharashtra government on Monday declared to supply free treatment to patients with mucormycosis.
Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said, “In some areas of the state, COVID-19 survivors are influenced by a fungal infection called mucormycosis. The health department has taken serious note of it. An awareness campaign is going to be launched and patients with mucormycosis are going to be treated freed from cost under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana.”
Tope said patients with uncontrolled diabetes are more likely to possess symptoms of fungal disease.
He said dark spots are found near the nose and lips. He added that if the disease isn’t treated early, it can have adverse effects on the systema respiratorium, brain, and eyes.
The Health Minister noted that the value of medicines to treat mucormycosis is dear and hence, the patients are going to be treated freed from cost in 1000 hospitals under the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY).
He further said the patients shouldn’t be frightened and people who have diabetes should keep it in check. The health minister has also urged the patients to exercise, have a correct diet and take medication on the recommendation of doctors.
Delhi Ration Coupon 2021 (दिल्ली राशन कूपन): Temporary Ration Coupon Apply Online, Status
What is mucormycosis?
Mucormycosis may be a rare mycosis that’s one among the post-coronavirus complications which have been observed in patients. it’s a mycosis that mainly affects people that are on medication for other health problems that reduce their ability to fight environmental pathogens.
How to prevent Mucormycosis?
- If you are visiting dusty production sites, must use Masks.
- Wear shoes, long pants, long sleeve shirts, and gloves while working soil (gardening), moss, or compost.
- Keep personal hygiene including a total scrub bath.
[Get 1000 Rs.] Bihar Corona Sahayata App 2021 – बिहार कोरोना सहायता मोबाइल एप्प – Download
- Control hyperglycemia.
- Monitor blood sugar level post-COVID-19 discharge and also in diabetics.
- Apply steroid judiciously – correct dose, correct timing, and duration.
- Do fresh, sterile water for humidifiers while oxygen therapy.
- Use antibiotics/antifungals judiciously.
- Do not miss warning signs and symptoms.
- Do not examine all the cases with a blocked nose as claims of bacterial sinusitis, especially within the context of immunosuppression and/or COVID-19 cases on immunomodulatory.
- Do not hesitate to hunt aggressive investigations, as appropriate (KOH staining & microscopy, culture, MALDI-TOF), for detecting fungal etiology.
- Do not lose significant time to receive medication for mucormycosis.
Mahajobs Portal 2021 Get Jobs in Maharashtra- Apply Now online, Application and Registration Process